As of Sept. 1, the AMOA National Dart Association (NDA) will be managed by William T. Glasgow, Inc., (WTG), the same event management firm that produces the industry’s Amusement Expo. The company, headquartered in Mokena, Ill., has been active in the coin-op trade for more than 30 years.
“We’re excited about the opportunity to help enhance a great brand in the business: the National Dart Association,” said WTG Executive VP Brian Glasgow. “Soft tip electronic darts is a fun, competitive sport that brings together passionate players, entrepreneurial operators and some excellent manufacturers/suppliers. We bring a solid track record of managing programs and events to the table, and know the industry well, so we think it’s a great fit for both NDA and WTG.”
NDA President Mary Lavine of Bullseye, Inc. (Madison, Wisc.), added: “We’re looking forward to building on the success of NDA during the past 30 years and creating a new path for the betterment of our members and the sport.”
The new NDA team will include:
* Jack Kelleher, who will start in his new role as NDA Executive Director at the end of September when he completes his 18-year tenure at the helm of the AMOA. He’ll will be responsible for overall management of NDA;
* Kelly Glasgow, a seven-year veteran at WTG who has grown up in the trade show/meetings/association management industry. She will serve as NDA Manager, directing the day-to-day conduct of the association;
* Rachel Kamuda, the new NDA administrator, who brings events management and hospitality industry experience to the organization. She will be involved in a wide range of NDA programs, services and events;
* Alyssa Pfennig, CAE, a veteran association staff executive, who for nearly seven years (2004-2011), oversaw virtually all aspects of the NDA.A certified association executive (CAE), she also owns and operates a yoga studio in Indianapolis. In her role as NDA’s Remote Support Supervisor, Alyssa will focus on key strategic and operational components of the association’s business.
* Brian Glasgow, who will serve as NDA General Manager, and in that capacity, bring his experience in organizing, planning and conducting successful events, such as the annual NDA Team Dart program.
For more information, call Jack Kelleher at 800-808-9884 or 708-326-7110, or email [email protected]. Also, please note the association’s new address: AMOA National Dart Association, 10070 West 190th Place, Mokena, IL 60448.