Organizers of IAAPA’s Asian Attractions Expo – hosted June 13-16 at the Shanghai New International Expo Center – say there’s quite a lineup of respected industry leaders already signed up to present information and lead thought-provoking seminars about the latest trends in the attractions industry. With a total of 11 seminars being offered, IAAPA says it is the most comprehensive AAE education program to date.
The AAE 2016 education conference provides real-world examples to improve operations and drive business in intellectual property use, cultural sensitivity and regional awareness, safety, revenue generation, facility excellence, human resources, and more.
· Doug Akers, ICAE, Director of Attractions, Business Development, and Strategic Planning, Universal Studios Singapore
· Sarah Bruno, Partner in Advertising, IP, and Cyber Security Groups, Arent Fox Law Firm
· Jonathan Casson, Director of Business Development, 20th Century Fox – LBE
· Randy Ewing, Vice President of Design, Thinkwell
· Adrea Gibbs, ICAE, Merchandise and Retail Consultant, Dynamic Motion Rides, GmbH
· Dio Ho, Director of Design, Whitewater West
· Brad Loxley, Senior Amusement Park Manager, Luna Park Australia
· Matthias Li, ICAE, Deputy Chief Executive, Ocean Park Hong Kong
· Jim Pattison, Jr., ICAE, President, Ripley Entertainment, Inc.
· Anthony Van Dam, Executive Vice President, Forrec
· Phil Zhong, Head of Operations, Shanghai Whitewater
On top of these speakers, organizers are also offering the IAAPA Safety Institute and the IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers. The first takes place on June 14, and discusses the latest developments in ride safety standards, loss prevention and more; the second is a two-and-a-half-day program that runs June 12-14, blending classroom instruction with case studies to teach finance, marketing, leadership, facility operations and safety. All education sessions available are eligible for credit toward IAAPA Certification.
More information can be found here.