Organizers of the Future of Immersive Leisure (FOIL) conference have released the agenda for this year’s show, held at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas from May 16-17. The event is designed to give attendees a holistic, expansive view of the latest technology that is transforming the out-of-home entertainment industry. The two-day event will cover a broad list of topics, including VR, AR, eSports, dome theaters, escape games and more. Some of the confirmed speakers are listed below:
• Kevin Williams, Founder, KWP• Jenefer Brown, Senior VP, LBE, Lionsgate
• Kevin Bachus, Senior VP, Entertainment & Games Strategy, Dave & Buster’s
• Matthew Proulx, Sr. Director, Global Branded Experiences, Hasbro
• Erik Guthrie, VP Sales & Marketing Zone Lasertag
• Eric Gradman, CTO, Two Bit Circus
• Jesse Schell, CEO, Schell Games
• Negin Singh, Executive Director, Santa Monica Pier Corporation
• Charles Taylor, Sr. Director of Innovation, Caesars Entertainment
• Bruce Vaugn, CEO, Dreamscape Immersive
Cooney Hosts VR Casino Seminar
FOIL attendees in Vegas a day early can attend a special seminar hosted by tech guru Bob Cooney focused on designing VR experiences for casinos. Cooney (who will also be a speaker at FOIL) will be joined in this event by Kylie Savage, a human-centered innovation pro, and both will give insight to senior casino execs, amusement industry professionals and anyone in the VR biz on how to design better experiences that will attract and retain the Millennial audience.
The event will be held on Tuesday, May 15, from 12:30 to 4:30 at the UNLV Gaming Innovation Center, with tickets costing $395 each.