Inside RePlay - May 2013
Click here for links to features and columns available
Cover: Versatile TouchTunes Celebrates 15th Anniversary; Spring Product Catalog
- Redemption Report -- A number of states around the nation have adopted changes to their laws as they relate to operating games for prizes. We’ve got details of these changes from states like Georgia and Florida as well as others that are considering amendments to their existing laws. Check out our omnibus report.
- Remembrances of Things Past -- Pittsburgh jukebox operator Dale Lazar has launched a new charitable effort to install CD jukeboxes in nursing homes around the country, especially those that cater to dementia patients. The goal: to stimulate their memories with nostalgic tunes.
- Building a Foundation Foundations Entertainment University continues to carry the word forth about how to run a popular -- and profitable -- FEC. Their most recent stop, the Amusement Expo in Las Vegas where they attracted an impressive crowd eager to learn more about FEC success.
- Show Reviews -- Operators gave the March Amusement Expo good reviews in this month’s Interface, noting interesting product developments and the value of networking with fellow operators from around the country.
- A Model for Fun -- The Wilsonville Family Fun Center south of Portland gets an A+ in operations by focusing on the nuts and bolts of the business, including new games, accessible redemption, good food and plenty of attractions.
- Celebrating 15 Years -- TouchTunes Interactive Networks marked its 15th anniversary this spring by throwing a swanky bash in Las Vegas, where the firm announced its next big effort, live concert streaming to jukebox venues.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Flip Out -- Stern Pinball released the new Metallica pinball game. The game features one of the world’s foremost rock bands, and Metallica’s notoriously fast tempos and aggressive musicianship set the tone for the player experience.
- On High Alert - GameAlert is now offering web-based tracking of an amusement facility’s token-based games, providing real-time information and sophisticated monitoring, alarms and reporting. Amusement facility owners can watch their locations live from anywhere.,
- Games Galore -- Check out this month’s catalog of spring product, gleaned from new releases at March’s Amusement Expo in Las Vegas. There’s plenty to choose from to refresh a route or game room pg. 53
Need another Annual Directory? $25 buys you the most up-to-date and respected directory of coin machine manufacturers, distributors, parts suppliers, import/export specialists, service companies and trade associations. It's included in the price of an annual subscription and can also be purchased separately. To get yours, call the RePlay office at 818/776-2880 or visit our Back Issues page to order with PayPal.
The following features and columns are available
Hot Off the Press: The late news page
from our most recent magazine...this is the last page prepared and shipped
to the printer before the new magazine mails each month. For news updates
in between issues, see our Instant RePlay webpage.
News Digest: The up-front news section
of the magazine. Most breaking stories are covered here even if they get
fuller stories elsewhere in the same issue.
Calendar of Events
Editorial: Comments from our Editor
Frank Talk by Frank Seninsky of
Alpha Omega Amusements, New Jersey
Hail to the Chief: Our monthly chat with AMOA president John Pascaretti.
Jersey Jack: Industry veteran Jack Guarnieri of Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc., PinballSales.com and ShuffleAlley.com shares philosophies and ideas for today's industry.
Party Professor: Beth Standlee of
TrainerTainment teaches how to make parties stand out with your customers
and your bottom line.
Spotlight Special: RePlay focuses on
one of the key new pieces of equipment being brought to market.
Why not get the entire magazine mailed directly to you each month? Subscribe by calling
(Back to top)
To send email to RePlay Magazine, it's email@example.com
Write or call RePlay Magazine at:
P.O. Box 572829, Tarzana, CA 91357
(shipping address is 18757 Burbank Blvd. #105 Tarzana, CA 91356)
Phone: 818/776-2880; Fax: 818-776-2888
(c) All contents of this page and the entire RePlay Magazine website at http://www.replaymag.com and http://www.replaymagazine.com. Copyright 2013 RePlay Magazine. All rights reserved.
Back to Current Issue Index